JNF Toronto is looking for an experienced Campaign Director to join their team!
COMPANY BACKGROUND AND CULTURE
For decades the Jewish National Fund of Canada has cared for the land of Israel. This mission took the role of planting trees, building water reservoirs, preserving natural habitats, and building parks and bicycle trails.
More recently, JNF Canada has taken on projects to build the social infrastructure of the land of Israel for the benefit of the People of Israel. We collaborate with a variety of important institutions and organizations in Israel to build social service infrastructure to benefit vulnerable populations such as youth-at-risk, victims of domestic abuse, special needs children, veterans and the poor.
JNF directs your donation dollars to where they are needed most. When you donate to the Jewish National Fund, donors can choose to direct their support towards our varied programs and projects that transform the lives of Israel’s citizens in every corner of the country.
JNF Canada is Building the Foundations of Israel’s Future.
The JNF Toronto Campaign Director will be responsible for fundraising efforts of JNF Toronto, focused on, but not limited to, the annual Negev Campaign. This person will work closely with the Executive Director of JNF Toronto.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Leading all aspects of JNF Toronto’s largest campaign, the Negev Dinner. Responsibilities include working with the volunteer committee, soliciting donors and corporate sponsors, coordinating the recruitment of the dinner honouree, if applicable, and all logistics, marketing, program development and administration of the dinner and other Negev campaign events.
- Leading JNF Toronto’s annual campaigns and fundraising programs.
- Maintaining regular communication with JNF donors.
- Working with volunteer canvassers and committees on campaign and event planning.
- Cultivating and stewarding gifts and building solid relationships with donors.
- Conduct one-on-one solicitation of major donors.
- Planning and executing fundraising and stewardship events.
- Staffing of JNF missions to Israel.
- Supervision of select areas of the JNF Toronto fundraising operation.
- Assisting with the responsibilities of the day to day work of JNF Toronto.
- A minimum of four (4) years of relevant experience including fundraising experience. Management experience preferred.
- Experience working on not for profit campaigns and major fundraising events.
- Experience working with volunteers.
- Familiarity with the Canadian Jewish community and specifically the Toronto Jewish Community.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Appreciation of and commitment to Israel.
- Understanding of media and marketing.
- Superior organizational skills.
- Warm, friendly and interpersonally agile.
- Proficiency in technology and utilization of social media outlets.
- Experience with fundraising software preferred.
University degree, postgraduate or professional degree preferred.
Resume and cover letter should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until February 14th. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The information gained from the applicants will be treated confidentially and will be respected at all times.