Company Name: Jewish National Fund of Toronto
Job Category: Summer Intern
Title: Data Centre Operator
Status: Short term contract (8 weeks)
Date Posted: May 4, 2021
The information gained from the applicants will be treated confidentially and will be respected at all times.
CONFIDENTIAL POSITION SPECIFICATIONS
Position: Data Centre Operator
Company: Jewish National Fund of Toronto (JNF Toronto)
Reporting Executive Director – Jewish National Fund of Toronto (JNF Toronto)
Website: www.jnftoronto.ca (Toronto)
COMPANY BACKGROUND AND CULTURE
For decades the Jewish National Fund of Canada has cared for the land of Israel. This mission took the role of planting trees, building water reservoirs, preserving natural habitats, and building parks and bicycle trails.
More recently, JNF Canada has taken on projects to build the social infrastructure of the land of Israel for the benefit of the People of Israel. We collaborate with a variety of important institutions and organizations in Israel to build social service infrastructure to benefit vulnerable populations such as youth-at-risk, victims of domestic abuse, special needs children, veterans and the poor.
JNF directs your donation dollars to where they are needed most. When you donate to the Jewish National Fund, donors can choose to direct their support towards our varied programs and projects that transform the lives of Israel’s citizens in every corner of the country.
JNF Canada is Building the Foundations of Israel’s Future.
The JNF Toronto Data Centre Operator will be responsible for entering accurate information into the JNF Canada database. This person will work closely with the Executive Director of JNF Toronto and the Director, IT for JNF Canada.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
• Entering of new data into the JNF database
• Working along with the IT department to identify inaccuracies in the current data and obtain missing information.
• Maintain electronic file management.
• Correct data errors including duplicate records, records with insufficient information etc.
• Research and input social media information into donor records.
• Assisting with other administrative tasks as requested
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office with specific skill in Excel, Outlook and Sharepoint.
• Previous experience with CMS databases preferred.
• Familiarity with Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge an asset.
• Knowledge of the Canadian Jewish Community and specifically the Toronto Jewish Community an asset.
• Excellent written communication skills.
• Appreciation of and commitment to Israel.
• Superior organizational skills.
• Proficiency with technology and utilization of social media outlets.
Current university student or graduate preferred.
Resume and cover letter should be emailed to email@example.com.
Applications will be accepted until May 15, 2021. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.