JNF Educators Mission to Israel
July 13 to 19, 2020
The program will provide an opportunity for educators to immerse themselves in a variety of environmental, educational and Zionist projects in Israel. The goal is to provide them with new information and practical educational tools to be able to integrate environmental awareness and Zionism into the school’s curriculum. A critical outcome of the tour is also to connect educators to both schools and classrooms in Israel as well as to other educators within the Canada Schools ecosystem.
WHO IS THE PROGRAM AIMED FOR?
There are 45 places available for educators across Canada in the subjects of (but not limited to) History, Geography, Science, Drama, Art, Technology and Jewish Studies. We will also reserve places for key members of leadership in each school. This is an incredible opportunity for educators from universities, Jewish Day Schools, public Schools and privet Schools to connect, share ideas and create long-term beneficial connections.
The study tour has 4 levels of commitment:
- Three Pre-trip group meeting and post trip meeting.
- A 7-day trip to Israel where the tour’s participants will have the chance to explore JNF’s Land, Water, Forestation and Communal projects in Israel.
- On return to Canada, there will be a session, where educators will review what they have seen and learned during the trip to Israel.
- Introducing the projects that they will lead for the comming school year with a focus on JNF, Zionism and/or environmental awareness.
During a 7 day visit to Israel between the 7/13/20 – 7/19/20, the study tour’s participants will explore JNF’s Land, Water, Forestation and Community projects.
- Visit schools in the Galil and learn from the local teachers and pioneers of environmental solutions, Zionism and teaching
- Visit to the Hula Valley, Bird Migration Centre
- Tour to JNF-Canada projects
- Visit Israel’s Holy sites.
- Meet students and teachers from schools around
- Hear from experts in the fields of environmental entrepreneurship and Israeli
- Meet with educators from the Israeli Education Department and learn about the education system in Israel.
- Meet with Leadership Colleges around
- Golan Heights/Ammunition Hill – Historical briefing re these sites and relevance in Israel’s
- Yad Vashem
- Experience cultural extra-curricular activities, food, music, art, dancing etc
JNF will cover all of the land costs associated with the program including:
- Internal travel
- Facilitators and Tour Guides
The school and the participant will only be required to cover the cost of air tickets, personal insurance and 375$ registration and tip for the bus driver and the tour guide.
Registration ends on March 1,2020
For more information contact:
Yifat Bear Miller