Campaign Associate & Office Administration – Calgary
Since its founding in 1901, Jewish National Fund/Karen Kayemeth (JNF) has been committed to building Israel’s future as well as responding in times of crisis and need. A vital part of Zionist history, JNF achieved its goal of purchasing the land that would become the State of Israel and then helped to develop that land into a thriving nation.
Over the past 115 years, JNF has evolved into a global environmental leader by planting 250 million trees, building over 240 reservoirs and dams, developing over 250,000 acres of land, creating more than 1,000 parks, providing the infrastructure for over 1,000 communities, bringing life to the Negev Desert and educating students around the world about Israel and the environment.
We are looking for an experienced, take charge professional with the ability to handle a busy special events fundraising environment. You should be a dynamic relationship builder with a passion for fundraising. However we also need you to have administrative, accounting abilities to be the back-up office administrative person when needed. The candidate should have the flexibility of moving in and out of full time when required, and must be able to work from home for the most part, or the JNF office for the admin component when needed. Flexibility is key and able to juggle a multitude of various responsibilities and being part of a small team. This is an immediate contract role. The intention is that this position will be extended, so let’s discuss this further if you meet the requirements.
The scope of responsibility of the Campaign Associate role will be assisting in the fundraising & co-ordination of campaigns and events for JNF Calgary. This person will work closely with the Executive Director of JNF Calgary. Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Maintaining regular communication with JNF donors for the events by setting up a communication timetable and facilitating great marketing pieces with the Director of Communications for JNF Canada.
- Working with volunteers and committees on campaign and event planning.
- Cultivating and stewarding gifts and building solid relationships with donors & sponsors.
- Coordinate and manage events with the Executive Director.
- Assisting with the responsibilities of the day to day work of JNF Calgary including ongoing Campaigns and programs.
The scope of responsibility of the Office Administrator role includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Understands various methods of generating revenue in the not for profit environment.
- Skilled at building personal and organizational relationships with key local stakeholders.
- Bank deposits, credit card deposits, and all other receipts of payments.
- Cheque preparation and implementation of tax receipt information
All office procedures including maintaining office equipment, office files, organization and ordering of supplies and materials
- Coordinate logistics such as reserving space, ordering food and any other details.
- Transcribe minutes and prepare copies of required material.
- Send e-mails and keep RSVP list.
- Provide info/material as requested by Executive Director/President.
- Confirm and input JNF event dates on community calendar & submit to various organizational newsletters as per their deadlines.
- Secure space, proofread, coordinate and submit columns and ads and all marketing materials.
- Prepare advertising & work with graphics team.
- Help build donor base and support through increased awareness by ensuring JNF Calgary presence at community events.
Annual Tu Bi’Shevat Telethon:
- Contact schools to obtain student numbers.
- Prepare materials for schools (parents and educators).
- Follow up with schools to pick up student order forms and prepare certificates to be delivered to schools/students.
- Working with graphic artists to prepare telethon promotional materials for volunteers, sponsors and advertisements.
- Prepare canvasser cards, canvasser scripts and objection sheets.
- Circulate telethon information through social media to synagogues and other groups.
- Coordinate division of cards for pre-calling.
- Telethon organization and implementation – day-of event.
- Follow up for post-telethon calling, follow up letters and key data reports.
Annual Negev Gala:
- Prepare donation lists/cards, for corporate, advertising, tribute gifts and invitations.
- Work with graphic artist on opportunity brochure/contract, invitations, ads and other social media advertising.
- Prepare invitation list and work with printing house to co-ordinate production.
- Respond and manage inquiries and record all requests for tickets, ads, tribute gifts and corporate sponsorships
- Follow-up with corporate sponsors for guest names, logo and ads.
- Maintain data on all sales and prepare Key Data Report on a weekly, or as needed, basis.
- Prepare and proofread the Tribute Book, signage and other printed materials.
- Prepare seating arrangements.
- Post-dinner follow up to advertisers and media.
- Produce and mail all thank you letters and follow ups for invoicing and payables.
Event management for all other events and campaigns:
- Assists the Executive Director with all administrative duties of events and programs for the region.
- Reporting, budget preparation and any details required to implement the events.
- A minimum of four (3) years of relevant administrative, some accounting and fundraising experience.
- Experience working on not for profit campaigns and major fundraising events.
- Experience working with volunteers.
- Familiarity with the Canadian Jewish Community and specifically the Calgary Jewish Community preferred.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Appreciation of and commitment to Israel.
- Understanding of media and marketing.
- Superior organizational skills.
- Warm, friendly and interpersonally agile.
- Proficiency with technology and utilization of social media outlets.
- Experience with fundraising software preferred.
- Is able to work effectively under pressure, have independent judgement, able to multi task, manage time, people, projects and material and ultimately produce a good quality of work within deadlines.
- Must have high motivation, dedication to detail, and accuracy while working independently or as a member of a team.
- Good working knowledge of the English language and able to assist in editing the production of marketing materials, publications, letters and press releases.
- Database management
- Proficiency with all aspects of Microsoft Office
- Working experience with Raisers Edge, and knowledge about Artez preferred
- Some Bookkeeping / Accounting experience
- Able to provide references
University degree or professional degree preferred, but not limited to if there is work experience in the not for profit sector.
Attention: Sandra Fayerman
Subject Line – Campaign & Admin associate
We thank you for your application. Please indicate salary requirements with application. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.