Type: Full Time Contract July to September with an option for renewal
Founded in 1901, the Jewish National Fund (JNF) is proud of more than a century of accomplishments. Since its inception, the JNF has evolved into a global environmental leader, planting over 240 million trees, constructing more than 200 reservoirs & dams and developing over 250,000 acres of land, as well as providing infrastructure for over 1000 communities in Israel. Recognized by the United Nations as an NGO (a non- governmental organization), the JNF continues to work to develop partnerships with a number of government and professional organizations to further cooperative relationships, conduct research, share technical expertise and obtain educational exchanges.
The Jewish National Fund – Manitoba/Saskatchewan Branch is seeking a full time Office Administrator
- Under the direction of the Executive Director, the Office administrator will be responsible for overseeing and coordinating all day-to-day work of the office within the regional branch. The Office administrator will also assist with program coordination and the Negev Gala Coordination. The incumbent is the first point of contact for all visitors and performs daily reception duties.
Skills and Qualifications:
- College degree or diploma or a combination of education and experience;
- Minimum of three year experience as an Office Administrator or similar role;
- Experience assisting in program management development;
- Experience performing Reception duties: including answering all incoming calls in a prompt, polite, professional manner
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of office supplies and ordering, as well as inventory control of these items.
- Experience with database management is an asset;
- Experience preparing correspondence ((i.e.: reports, letters, briefings and tribute cards); create/ maintain filling system;\
- Arrange Board meetings and prepare related material, i.e. Agenda, Minutes, and arrange the refreshments for meetings;
- Bookkeeping functions include managing expenses and budgets, cheques preparation, accounts payables, accounts receivables, invoicing, financial reporting; recording revenue and month end reconciliations;
- Experience working with MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook)
- Experience working with Gift track and Raisers Edge programs is an asset
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Analytical, organizational and problem solving skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to prioritize and multi-task;
- Ability to work independently as well as a team and with the public;
- Ability to work well under pressure;
- Knowledge of the Jewish community, its culture and traditions would be an asset.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including occasionally evening and weekend hours
- A valid Driver’s license
- Other office functions as needed
Please email cover letter and resume by Friday, June 30, 2017 to Ariel Karabelnicoff, Executive Director Manitoba& Saskatchewan Region at firstname.lastname@example.org