2021 Negev Dinner
As a result of the pandemic, we must face the possibility that in-person gatherings may be limited or prohibited in November 2021. In this case we will either host a hybrid event or shift to a virtual platform. Please rest assured that as we continue to build Israel together your generous gift will support the Wexlers’ project of choice.
With warm wishes,
1. All guests will require both COVID-19 Vaccines to attend the Negev Dinner. All guests must be 2 weeks past their second vaccinated shot.
2. Proof of vaccination and identification will be checked at the entrance of the venue. Please make sure you have these documents readily accessible upon arrival.
3. The event hall will be filled to a 50% capacity.
4. If you choose to attend the event virtually instead of in-person, please notify the office immediately so we can arrange food to be delivered to your door. Those who choose NOT to receive a meal, will be eligible for a full tax receipt. Please notify the office.
5. If further restrictions are implemented and if we are unable to meet in-person, all guests will receive a link to the Negev so they can participate virtually.
Denise and Ron Wexler
Denise and Ron Wexler are long-time Londoners who have been entrenched in the city’s medical community. Having both attended medical school in the 1960s at The University of Western Ontario where they met, they moved to Toronto to complete their medical training and, by 1975, had married and returned to London with their young son. Here, they established their distinguished medical careers: Denise is a respected dermatologist who recently completed a term on the Board of the Ontario Medical Association; Ron is a retired anaesthesiologist at St. Joseph’s Hospital, former director of the Intensive Care Unit at University Hospital, and former president of the Ontario Medical Association.
The Wexlers have also played an integral role in London’s Jewish community. As one of eighteen families in the London Jewish Family Association, a precursor to Temple Israel, they were one of the Temple’s founding families in 1985. Along with their sons Jason, James, and Jonathan, the latter two who were among the Temple’s early B’nai Mitzvah, Denise and Ron participated in its many religious, educational, and social events, with Ron also joining the Boards of the Temple and Restmount Cemetery.
Denise and Ron are thrilled that their JNF project combines their passion for education with their commitment to Israeli youth. They are supporting the Bervin JNF Canada House of Excellence in Sderot, a STEM after-school program that fosters academic success for high-school students living in under-served areas near the Gaza border.
Project (Bervin House)
IN SUPPORT OF
BERVIN JNF CANADA
HOUSE OF EXCELLENCE
The Jewish National Fund of Canada has always been at the forefront of helping the land of Israel transform its bleak deserts into beautiful blooming green forests and lush parks. Now JNF Canada is planting a different kind of seed: we are deeply committed to supporting both Israel’s land and its people. The Bervin JNF Canada House of Excellence in Sderot, (the city closest to the Gaza border) will serve as a fortified after-school education, empowerment, and enrichment center for high school students regardless of race, colour or religion, providing them with the necessary tools and skills for academic and personal success. The Bervin JNF Canada House will feature a courtyard for outdoor studies and comprise learning spaces of different sizes as well as educational and multimedia resources to encourage creative learning. The House will be divided into classrooms, and a unique experiential learning hub. The classrooms are designed to contain small learning groups, except for one large classroom and a computer lab with leading-edge equipment. The hall will be used for workshops, lectures, performances and film screenings. The hub is an open space for relaxing. Partner with us to help build The Bervin JNF Canada House of Excellence in Sderot, as we aim to close the educational achievement gap, foster academic success, and empower periphery youth.
PRIMUS: Amabile Men’s Choir
Primus is one of nine choirs in the Amabile Choirs of London, Canada organization and is honoured to perform this evening to pay tribute to our dear friends, Drs. Ron and Denise Wexler. Conducted by Dr. Carol Beynon and Mark Payne, Primus was formed in 2000 and involves postsecondary students and professionals from all walks of life who enjoy the pursuit of the choral arts and the camaraderie that develops so naturally in male ensembles.
Rabbi Debra Dressler
DINNER & CAMPAIGN TEAM
JNF REGIONAL ONTARIO
JNF REGIONAL ONTARIO ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR
JNF LONDON OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
Sponsorship, Advertising, Donation and Ticket Opportunities
ALL SPONSORSHIPS MUST BE CALLED INTO OUR OFFICE
Donations – (Full Tax Receipt)
All donations will be listed in the Tribute Book.
Advertising & Personal Tributes
Friends, family and associates often wish to pay tribute to the honourees in the Tribute Book. This book is distributed to all Dinner attendees and serves as an excellent keepsake. Wording for tributes and/or advertisers’ electronic files (PDF or JPEG) are to accompany this purchase. Dinner tickets are eligible for purchase at a cost of $105 each.
In the event of a virtual production JNF London will provide dinner and/or dessert as per your preferences below:
- Benefactor ticket(s) at $210 each, includes dinner at 5:30pm, show at 7:00pm, followed by dessert reception and name listing in the Tribute Book.
- Patron ticket(s) at $136 each, includes show at 7:00pm followed by dessert reception and name listing in Tribute Book.
- JNF Future ticket(s) (Under 40) at $100 each, includes show at 7:00pm followed by dessert reception.
- Half-price ticket(s) available at $105 for advertisers as indicated in the Advertising and Personal tributes section
Please email this form to the office at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to: 519.433.1351, click here to download
Jewish National Fund of London
500-536 Huron St.
London, Ontario N5Y 4J5
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org