Jewish National Fund of Canada
Major Gifts Officer (part-time)
JNF Canada -Toronto Region is seeking a part-time (15-20 hrs/week) major gifts officer to raise funds for the organization in support of our mission. Reporting to the Toronto Executive Director, the major gifts officer will be primarily responsible for soliciting and creating new and maintaining existing relationships with major gifts donors ($6,000+).
Major Gifts Officer Responsibilities:
• Solicitations for JNF campaigns focused on the Negev Dinner Campaign and Builders Circle projects.
• Researching, cultivating and solicitation of potential new major gifts donors.
• Maintaining and building relationships with our current major gifts donors.
• Preparing private and public acknowledgments to thank donors.
• Developing a donor solicitation strategy for major gift prospects or donors as needed.
Tasks and daily routines include:
• Calling and emailing major gift donors on a regular basis.
• Using iWAVE and Raisers Edge or Raisers Edge NXT database to research and input background information, track progress and action notes on donors or prospects.
• Working collaboratively with board members, committee members and staff on major gifts fundraising.
• Minimum 5 years of fundraising experience working with major donors
• Strong knowledge of the Toronto Jewish community
• Excellent written verbal and communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Work as part of a team every day but also can manage work independently.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office
• Knowledge of Raisers’ Edge database an asset
Interested parties should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by August 15, 2022
While we wish to acknowledge all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.