Jewish National Fund of Calgary
Historically, the Jewish National Fund of Canada has served as the caretaker of the land of Israel. This mission took the role of planting trees, building water reservoirs, preparing land for new communities, and building parks and bicycle trails. More recently, JNF Canada has taken on projects to build the social infrastructure of the land of Israel for the benefit of the People of Israel. We have partnered with a variety of Israeli NGO’s to build infrastructure to benefit vulnerable populations such as youth-at-risk, victims of domestic abuse, special needs children, veterans and the poor. We are Building the Foundations of Israel’s Future.
FULL-TIME OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR POSITION
We are looking for an experienced office administrator with a keen understanding of accounting and the ability to manage various tasks and campaigns. The ideal candidate should be a dynamic relationship builder with a passion for Israel.
This person will work closely with the Executive Director of JNF Calgary. The scope of responsibility of the Office Administrator role will be assisting in the fundraising & coordination of campaigns and events for JNF Calgary. This position is full-time, 35 hours/week with possible increases in hours during major campaigns.
- A minimum of three (3) years of relevant administrative, some accounting-bookkeeping, and fundraising experience, but mostly administrative, data entry, AR/AP.
- Able to work effectively under pressure, have independent judgement, able to multi-task, manage time, projects and ultimately produce quality work within the deadlines.
- Understands various methods of generating revenue in the not for profit environment.
- Skilled at building personal and organizational relationships with key local stakeholders.
- Must be highly motivated, with attention to detail and accuracy while working independently or as a member of a team.
- Good working knowledge of the English language and able to assist in editing the production of marketing materials, publications, letters and press releases.
- Database management.
- Proficiency with all aspects of Microsoft Office.
- Working experience with Raisers Edge preferable
- Some Bookkeeping /Accounting experience.
- Previous office management.
- Able to provide references.
- Warm and friendly.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Maintaining regular communication with JNF donors and volunteers for various campaigns and events.
- Assisting with the responsibilities of the day to day work of JNF Calgary, including ongoing campaigns, events and programs.
- Managing a database through Raiser’s Edge.
- Accounts Receivable- bank deposits, credit card deposits, and all other payments, implementation of tax receipt information.
- Accounts Payable- cheque preparation and accounting for office expenses.
- All office procedures including maintaining office equipment, office files, organization and ordering of supplies and materials.
DETAILS OF JOB DESCRIPTION
- Transcribe minutes and prepare copies of required material.
- Send e-mails and keep RSVP list.
- Provide info/material as requested by Executive Director and/or President.
Annual Tu Bi’Shevat Telethon:
- Contact schools to obtain student numbers.
- Prepare materials for schools (parents and educators).
- Follow up with schools to pick up student order forms and prepare certificates to be delivered to schools/students.
- Prepare canvasser information.
- Circulate telethon information through social media to synagogues and other groups.
- Coordinate division of prospects for pre-calling.
- Telethon organization and implementation – day-of event.
- Follow up for post-telethon calling, follow up letters and key data reports.
Annual Negev Dinner:
- Prepare prospect lists for corporate sponsorship, advertising etc.
- Prepare invitation list.
- Respond and manage inquiries and record all requests for tickets, ads, tribute gifts and sponsorships.
- Follow-up with corporate sponsors for guest names, logo and ads.
- Maintain data on all sales and prepare Key Data Report on a weekly, or as needed, basis.
- Help to proofread the Tribute Book, signage and other printed materials. Prepare seating arrangements.
- Post-dinner follow up to advertisers and media.
- Produce and mail all thank you letters and follow ups for invoicing and payables.
- Assists the Executive Director with all aspects of other events and programs for the region.
- Reporting, budget preparation and any details required to implement the events.
Please submit applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject Line – Office Administrator
We thank you for your application. Please indicate salary requirements with application. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Must be available for interview right away and if chosen can start immediately.