Historically, the Jewish National Fund of Canada has served as the caretaker of the land of Israel. This mission took the role of planting trees, building water reservoirs, preparing land for new communities, and building parks and bicycle trails. More recently, JNF Canada has taken on projects to build the social infrastructure of the land of Israel for the benefit of the People of Israel. We have partnered with a variety of Israeli NGOs to build infrastructure to benefit vulnerable populations such as youth-at-risk, victims of domestic abuse, children with special needs, veterans, and the poor. We are Building the Foundations of Israel’s Future.
This is a part-time position, comprising approximately 15-20 hours per week as required. Certain times of year will necessitate considerably more hours, possibly up to full time during the Negev Dinner campaign.
Under the direction of the Executive Director and Associate Director, the Office Coordinator will be responsible for the following:
Daily Operations –
• Liaises with donors
• Fulfills donor requests: tributes and inscriptions
• Maintains spreadsheets and accuracy of donor database and records
• Contact with bookkeeper in Hamilton office for fiduciary responsibilities for Windsor
• Prepares credit card payments for processing
• Makes deposits at the Bank (cash, cheques, coins)
• Point of contact with internal and external stakeholders (including but not limited to: donors, sponsors, national staff, suppliers, service providers, dignitaries)
• Organize workers for Charity Bingo (and work bingos if needed).
• Compile reports to municipality
• Send Bingo bank statements to JNF Canada bookkeeper
Campaigns & Events –
• Coordinates, attends and participates in key JNF campaigns and logistics for all events.
• Negev Dinner
• Tu Bi’Shevat/Annual Campaign
• High Holiday Campaign
• Blue Box Collections
• Emergency Campaigns
• Campaign follow-up
• Planning and executing local events
• Other office support duties and/or events, including but not limited to:
• Outreach to various community organizations regarding JNF events, campaigns and work in Israel including email blasts in coordination with the national staff.
• Attend JNF Windsor board meetings, take minutes and communicate with the board under the direction of the President and/or Executive Director and/or Associate Director. Approximately four meetings per year
Experience and Skills Required
• 2+ years experience in a similar role
• Understanding of and familiarity with local Jewish community
• Knowledge of JNF and our campaigns
• Excellent verbal and written skills in English
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
• Experience with Raiser’s Edge an asset
• Able to work independently and remotely
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 15th, 2022. No phone calls please. Only qualified candidates will be contacted. Thank you.