Jewish National Fund – Quebec Region
The Program Director provides leadership in the planning and coordination of JNF Quebecs’ region fundraising and engagement initiatives, helping to build new opportunities for community awareness through special events. This includes JNF Future ( young professional 25-40) and Quebec Region events focusing on the young professional community.
Must be able to anticipate project needs, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Event planning for all Quebec Region based events
- Create budgets and monitor expenses
- Negotiations with venue
- Work with caterers, source and order supplies, décor, audio visual equipment, event signage and other day of print material (name tags, etc.)
- Assist with event logistics for annual Negev Dinner
- Work with Executive Director, Campaign Director and Campaign Operations Manager on all fundraising campaigns (High Holiday, Negev Dinner, Tu Bi’ShEvat, etc.)
- Work with Montreal Future Board – young professional committee
- Create new and exciting fundraising and engagement initiatives
- Set strategic goals related to event planning, fundraising, leadership development, succession planning and volunteer engagement and outreach
- Manage all events
- Create fundraising and marketing materials with Marketing Manager
- Work with event committees
- Recruit new members for Committees and Board
Work to create and promote the JNF Future Recognition (membership) program
Respond to enquiries from the public about events
Coordination of volunteers for all Montreal events
- Donor canvassing and sponsorship
- Event computer management
o All event related data entry into Raiser’s Edge
▪ Tickets, Pledges, etc.
- Building of relationships with key stakeholders and prospects
- Plan and recruit for Missions to Israel
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant event planning and fundraising experience, preferred
- Experience working on major fundraising events
- Experience working with volunteers and managing committee processes
- Appreciation of and commitment to Israel
- Ability to multi-task, managing multiple projects
- Understanding of social media and marketing
- Superior organizational skills
- Proficiency with technology including knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge fundraising software an asset.
- Excellent written communication skills
- Project management, organizational and prioritizing skills, problem solving and attention to detail
- Familiarity with the Greater Montreal Jewish community an asset
- University degree, postgraduate or professional degree preferred
Qualified candidates are invited to apply before August 19, 2022, by sending their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
While we wish to acknowledge all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you.