Volunteers – Part Time – Ottawa Region
Jewish National Fund of Ottawa
Office Support – Volunteers
Part Time (Multiple volunteer options available)
Historically, the Jewish National Fund (JNF) of Canada has served as the caretaker of the land of Israel. This mission took the role of planting trees, building water reservoirs, preparing land for new communities, and building parks and bicycle trails. More recently, JNF Canada has taken on projects to build the social infrastructure of the land of Israel for the benefit of the People of Israel. We have partnered with a variety of Israeli NGOs to build infrastructure to benefit vulnerable populations such as youth-at-risk, victims of domestic abuse, children with special needs, veterans, and the poor. We are building the foundations of Israel’s future.
JNF Ottawa is searching for (multiple) volunteers to provide office support services remotely. We are looking for dynamic individuals who want to be part of a great team, have an eye for detail and accuracy.
Primary Volunteer Responsibilities:
• Answer phones, address general inquiries and forward messages via email
• Process donations through website portal
• Make thank you calls to donors
• May include event support
• Other tasks as needed by Executive Director and Operations Manager
• Excellent verbal and written skills in English
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and other MS Office applications
• Able to work independently
• Excellent customer service skills (helpfulness, warmth, friendliness)
• Problem solver, analytical, efficient, accurate
• Understanding of and familiarity with Ottawa Jewish community
• Knowledge of JNF and our campaigns is an asset
Please email a letter of intent (max. 2 pages) outlining your interest and relevant experience to Ilana Albert-Novick firstname.lastname@example.org by April 8. Thank you for your interest. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.