JNF has helped build over 220 reservoirs and dams that together provide 40% of the water used in Israeli agriculture, and contribute 300 million cubic meters to Israel’s water storage capacity.
- Freshwater reservoirs play a role in irrigation, fish breeding, and recreation and help replenish Israel’s depleted aquifers.
- Recycled wastewater reservoirs free precious freshwater while preventing groundwater pollution.
- KKL-JNF and other national institutions work together to clean Israel’s streams, springs and rivers, and to develop their potential as a natural and scenic resource for the benefit of the public.
- KKL-JNF prevents erosion and desertification by repairing flood damage and regulating drainage.
- Applying Advanced Environmental Water Purification Techniques – the challenges of Israel’s water crisis are being met with KKL-JNF projects such as constructed wetlands and environmentally friendly biofilter technology.